The Best Investment :
You just read the advice by one of the greatest investors . The best investment you can make is an investment in yourself.
Please continue reading , don’t miss the ultimate secret to economic success that is coming ahead .
Covid 19 has restricted most people at home. Every problem is a disguised opportunity . Staying home is an opportunity to learn new skills , or to excel in whatever your existing skill is. Here are a few ways you can invest in yourself . But before that read this excerpt , the words that transformed Tony Robbins from Janitor to a great coach and entrepreneur and made him a billionaire . Tony Robbin heard these words when he attended Jim Rohn’s motivational seminar decades back. Tony writes that he carries these words in his mind till today and he has heard these words in his mind thousands of time. Now please get ready to read the golden words . This is an excerpt from Tony Robbins book “Money Master the Game ” in which he wrote what he heard from Jim Rohn in that seminar.
Here are some ways you can invest in yourself.
- If for example you are in software development field , you may learn new languages. If your profession is marketing or sales , you may enroll in an online marketing course . Or you may listen to free Harvard University lectures on You Tube for example.The world is getting more and more competitive, try to excel in whatever profession you are.
- Use the 80 / 20 rule. Also known as the Pareto Principle, this rule suggests that 20 percent of your activities will account for 80 percent of your results. Focus on those 20 percent activities. If you do this you will be immensely rewarded.
- Remember more and more people will have to switch from their current field to another in future. Be prepared for that. Keep your radar on , keep scanning whats happening in your industry and elsewhere. Adaptation and transformation will be the keys to success.
- No matter what your field is improve your communication skills. You may be surprised to know that when Warren Buffet was young he enrolled in Dale Carnegie Public speaking course .
- Look after yourself , follow the good health practices. Exercise , eat healthy , maintain healthy weight etc.etc.
- If you wish to invest in stocks don’t try to time the market or do day trading. These will be counterproductive. Please read my previous posts in this blog : Just do this and you will outperform 90 percent of mutual fund managers and on futility of market timing read : Cocktail theory of market predictions and the art of successful investing .
- Read great books , most are available from your on line libraries or say from Amazon. There are people who read at least one book every week. Warren Buffet spends most of his day time in reading. Tony Robbins says he reads at least 30 minutes each day. You will enjoy the books and enrich your knowledge. Here is a list of some books on sales , marketing , management , communication and negotiation skills . Remember you have to sell your skills in your CV , in your job interviews and these books are great help to prepare you . You may already be excellent in most of these areas , but remember the quality control principal : Continual Improvement. You have to adapt to the changing environment , you have to grow. Only dead things don’t grow.
list of some great books :
- One Minute Sales Manger
- Getting to yes
- Getting past No
- One Minute Manager
- Seven habits of successful people
- First things first
I hope you enjoyed this short article . In the end I would like to quote what one of the founding fathers of America said :
“An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.”–Benjamin Franklin